Sunday, September 7, 2014

An Inspiration

 
    The one thing that I love about teaching is the constant learning I do as I interact with my students.  I learn from their explorations and their interests.  By listening to them and watching how they learn, I learn to be a better teacher.  As teachers, we need to spend more time listening to our students and allow them to lead, it just might take us to unexpected places.  I came across this TED talk by 13 year old Logan LaPlante.  This is a remarkable talk by a remarkable young man who has been allowed to have his own voice in the world, and we as educators need to take a moment to listen.   I would love to know what you think about his thoughts on education.  Do you, as an educator, intentionally teach your students how to be happy?.  TED talk by Logan LaPlante


No comments:

Post a Comment