Friday, January 9, 2015

Student Blogs...Coming Soon

It has been awhile since my last post. The Christmas season has come and gone and school is getting back to normal.  I am sad to admit that I did not meet my goal of getting my students blogging online by the end of 2014.  However, I am not discouraged because we are only days away of letting the world hear what we have to say!  This past week my students have spent time setting up the look and layout of their blogs, and I have to admit it has been very exciting. They are learning how to access them from their ipads, tablets, ipods, and smartphones. But most importantly, they have been writing, writing, writing.  It has been fascinating to see how focused they have been on their writing.  Having an authentic purpose for their writing has made an enormous effect on the length and quality of their writing.  I see them completely focused and taking responsibility for their work.  Several students have written more than one post and show no signs of slowing down.  They are all very excited to see how many people read their blogs and are hoping to have people comment on what they post.

We have decided to wait until everyone is ready so that we can publish together.  I expect to have our first posts published by early next week.  Stay posted....


Have you had experience with student blogs?  I would love to hear about other classroom blogging experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment